Sunday, July 10, 2005

Episode 1

Today, there was hell. I know. It's hard to believe. Hell doesn't even exist, really. But it felt like it. It's not the heat of the summer. It's the distress of life. I forget what I know and just wish that a change would come. I can stare out at the sea, but I know it has no answers. I'm left alone to listen to it whisper in a language I can never learn. Today, I think I have left for good. My boat, "The Dark Undercurrent", is the only place I have to find shelter. I've been out on the sea alone, sailing through the waves, since the dark of the morning. The late afternoon sun casts dark blue shadows on the waves I'm crossing. I can feel the air around me and the sea beneath me. It's the only place I feel at home. It's the only place where the hell cannot reach me. Every cool drop splashed up from the ocean is calming. Each cloud overhead is a comforting blanket of white cotton.

There was one reason for me staying on land. I'll admit that it was a woman. I was so entrapped in my own vision of what I thought my life was going to be. I left my friends. I forgot my family. Just for her. Her betrayal was heartbreaking. After she left for work, I left for good. And now I'm traveling on the sea, with no idea of where I will go from here.

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Liquid Skin said...

that is absolutely gorgeous. was it meant to be funny? im not quite sure... to me it was delicate and beautiful. the sea is my escape, so maybe thats why i relate to it. do you mind if i copy it onto my blog?
take care

 

Post a Comment

<< Home